AutoTools Web screen overlay

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ashen, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Hey there!
    I've recently managed to make a nice working Web screen on my OP6T to control music from anywhere on the right side of my screen. It's just a transparent overlay which responds to a tap or a long press, closes, performs an action, and restarts itself.
    Its seems that I can't make it respond to more than 1 input because after I tapped or long pressed once, none of my inputs do anything. (that's why I made it reopen itself after every input)

If anyone has any suggestions improving this way of functioning, I'm all ears :) (I'm a newbie at all this)
    Now the problem is that if I activate the overlay it only stays open for a few seconds and then closes without me inputting anything. I didn't put any timer on the overlay. Is there like a standard timer for an overlay or am I missing something? Does it have to do with the show duration?
    I attached a screenshot of most the settings of the Web screen. (don't mind the green blob, it's a battery indicator for my notch)
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Can you please export that task as a xml file so I can try it out myself?

3. Ashen

Ashen New Member

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

Ok, I see the issue. What you should do is not "Wait For Command". Then setup a new profile with an AutoApps Command condition to react to the commands. :)

More info here.

5. Ashen

Ashen New Member

That seems to have done the trick. One more question about this though. Now that I made that work it flashes on my screen everytime the auto app sends a task to Tasker. Is there any way to disable that?

6. joaomgcd

Yes, in the main AutoTools app > Logs.

Glad it works!