Solved Windows 10 App - Elements overlap preventing navigation

Discussion in 'Join' started by Jay Wolf, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Jay Wolf

Jay Wolf New Member

A long list of contact names overlaps the [Back] button in the Windows 10 app preventing users from returning to the SMS list. The only way to get back is to stretch the window until the text uncovers the button. This works if there is enough screen real estate to stretch, but could be a problem if the contact list is too long. I've had to stretch this particular message across ~1 1/2 screens to uncover the button.

Join WIndows 10 App Layout Issue.PNG

2. Jatari

Jatari New Member

The Windows 10 app deserves some love! <3 <3

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for the report! Do you mean that happens when an MMS message has multiple contacts? thanks!

4. Jay Wolf

Jay Wolf New Member

Yes, this is in the "SMS" section of the app (Home > Phone > SMS), and is true for both SMS and MMS messages with multiple contacts.

I also noticed the text preview in the messages list overlaps the date/time stamp on the right side of the window if the window is narrowly sized. I keep the app open on a vertically-oriented monitor and sized to be about 1/2 the width of the screen, so the window is usually pretty small.
    EDIT: I just noticed this issue was brought up in the Feature Request Forum (Fix SMS timestamps being covered by message text on Windows 10 app.), so I'll vote for it there.

The date/time overlap is more of a nuisance that I can live with, but the [Back] button overlap issue forces me to move the app to another monitor, resize the window until the [Back] button is exposed, click the button to get back to the list, then move and resize the app window back to its original place on the vertical monitor. You can imagine how frustrating this gets after the 3rd or 4th time in a day. I prefer the layout and functionality of the Chrome pop-out window not only because elements don't overlap, but also because it has a Notifications tab in addition to SMS/MMS messages. However, Chrome can be a bit greedy with system resources and I don't like having it running in the background all the time; I'd rather use standalone apps whenever possible which is why I like the idea of the Windows 10 app.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Jatari likes this.
  5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you. I think I found the issue :) Fixed for next release!

Jay Wolf likes this.