Amazon Echo routines allow you to map custom commands to smart home devices functionality.
For example, you could create a routine to make all your lights turn off when you say "Good Night" to Alexa.
Since AutoVoice can create virtual smart home devices for you and you can map those to Tasker tasks you can now run Tasker tasks with Amazon Echo Routines!
Here's a quick run down of the process:
This allows you to map as much as 101 routines to a single virtual Smart Home Device. Since you can create as many smart home devices as you want you can pretty much create as many Tasker routines as you want!
- Create a virtual Smart Home device in AutoVoice that allows you to turn off and on and to control brightness on it
- In the Alexa app create a routine that sets that light's brightness to 100% for example
- In Tasker react to that command and run a task that has 100 in its name
Here it is, step by step (you can download the finished project above).
STEP 1 - CREATE VIRTUAL LIGHTS
- Open AutoVoice
- Tap on Alexa Smart Home Devices
- Create a new Device
- Name it Lights
- Enable the Set Brightness and Turn On or Off capabilites
STEP 2 - REFRESH AUTOVOICE DEVICES
Say Refresh AutoVoice Devices to Alexa so that it picks up on your new virtual Smart Home Device
STEP 3 - CREATE WORK OUT ROUTINE
- Open the Alexa App
- Go to Routines
- Create a routine for the Time to work out command
- In the actions set it to control your Lights device
- Set the brightness to 100%
STEP 4 - TEST ROUTINE
Just to see if you're triggering the virtual device correctly say Alexa, time to work out and check that you get the on-screen toast with the lights being set to 100%
STEP 5 - PERFORM TASK DEPENDING ON BRIGHTNESS
This will perform a different task depending on the brightness. If brightness is set to 100 it'll perform the task Virtual Lights 100, if it's set to 99 it'll perform the task Virtual Lights 99, etc.
- Open Tasker
- Create a new Profile with the AutoVoice Smart Home Device condition
- Select your Lights device
- Select the Set Brightness action
- In the Task add a Perform Task action
- Set the Name to Virtual Lights %avbrightness
STEP 6 - OPEN WORK OUT APP
- In Tasker create a new Task called Virtual Lights 100
- In it, add an App action to open your work out app
- Back out of Tasker to save
[[/VIDEOTUTORIALSTEPHOR]=7,Test final routine,JBqYXihTBWY]
Now if you say the command it'll open your work out app!
STEP 8 - CREATE ANOTHER ROUTINE AND TASK
Repeat the process but for the 99% brightness setting. In Tasker you just need to create a task called Virtual Lights 99 to do what you want!
That's it! You can now do whatever you want in Tasker with Amazon Echo Routines
Use Amazon Echo Routines to run any Tasker task 2018-06-19
Learn how to map routines to Tasker tasks using the AutoVoice Smart Home system