AutoShare Cast Google Play Music Playlist to Chromecast

Learn how to start playing a playlist in Google Play Music and start casting it automatically

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Cast Google Play Music Playlist to Chromecast - Learn how to start playing a playlist in Google Play Music and start casting it automatically

Read more about this project...

2. Imagio

Imagio New Member

This does not work on my Nexus 6p running android 7.0 nougat. The last step using AutoInput to click an element by text does not click on the cast device.

I also tried the "easy setup" method and could not get it to select the cast device. Maybe android 7.0 is using a different method/menu to select the cast device compared to previous android verions?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. joaomgcd

Can you tell me which version of AutoInput you're using? Thanks!

4. maikcaru

maikcaru New Member

Thanks for this, I've got it working using the test Task in Tasker but struggling to get it working off a time based profile. Is it possible to set this to run at a certain time when the phone screen is off? i.e. for an alarm?

Thanks

5. joaomgcd

Unfortunately no, you'll have to turn the screen on for it to work. But depending on your device the "Unlock Screen" action in AutoInput may work for you.

6. Daavid

Daavid New Member

Hi. I've got this to work, but I was wondering if there is a way to make it play the auto playlist "thumbs up"…? Also can I start the playlist shuffled? Thanks so much for your awesome add-ons.

7. joaomgcd

To start it shuffled you have to have played a shuffled playlist last time you used Google Play Music. Or you can click the shuffle button with AutoInput but your screen has to be on for that.
    About the thumbs up playlist, I don't know of a way to play that, sorry!

8. thegenRL

thegenRL New Member

Hi, I've had trouble getting this to work. I've tried to navigate to different areas of Google Play Music and try all the Cast buttons, but they all lead to 'Cast Button. Disconected', different to what is in the video. After following the rest of the instructions and running it, I get the below error. Thanks for your help.

19.53.51/ActionArgBundle key: NearbyText: replace <null> String value with null
    19.53.51/ActionArgBundle key: ActionId: replace <null> String value with null
    19.53.51/ActionArgBundle key: TextToWrite: replace <null> String value with null
    19.53.51/ActionArgBundle key: StoredAction: replace <null> String value with null
    19.53.51/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoInput Action / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 12 bundle keys
    19.53.51/E AutoInput Action: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoinput/com.joaomgcd.autoinput.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    19.53.51/E add wait type Plugin2 time 20
    19.53.51/E add wait type Plugin2 done
    19.53.51/E add wait task
    19.54.11/E Error: null

9. joaomgcd

10. thegenRL

thegenRL New Member

My version of Google supersedes the versions discussed in that post, so I'm assuming that this would not be my problem. I'm able to execute two tasks, it's just when it comes to the cast that it times out.

11. joaomgcd

Thanks. Can you execute other plugin actions correctly?