With this project you'll be able to track your delivery packages!
Check out how you can use it:
It works like this:
- You add the packages to the Tasker tracking list with an AutoApps Command on your phone. You can specify a notification icon for each.
- Packages are automatically checked every 30 minutes. A notification will be posted with any updates
- When you receive a package you can stop tracking it with another AutoApps Command.
Let's learn how you can do this for your packages!
STEP 1 - CREATE AFTERSHIP ACCOUNT AND ADD YOUR FAVOURITE COURIERS
- Go to https://www.aftership.com/ and Sign in/Create account with your Google account or your preferred method
- In the Aftership Dashboard go to Settings -> Couriers
- Add all the Couriers you think you'll need to track your packages. Don't worry if you miss any, you can always come back here to add more.
STEP 2 - IMPORT AFTERSHIP API IN AUTOWEB AND PROJECT IN TASKER
- Open AutoWeb -> Browse Web Services -> Aftership -> Import
- When prompted to instert your secret API key, insert the one available in the Aftership dashboard under Settings -> API. If you do not have an API Key yet, generate one here.
- Import the Tasker project attached above in Tasker. Check how here.
- Back out of Tasker to save
STEP 3 - START TRACKING YOUR PACKAGES
You get the courier_id fby running the Check Courier Id task that's included in the project. Select the Courier and it'll show you the ID you have to use.
- From any AutoApp send an AutoApps command with the following format: addpackage=:=tracking_name,courier_id,tracking_number,icon
For example, you could follow a DHL package with the following AutoApps command: addpackage=:=My Package,dhl,7070000000,https://www.seeklogo.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dhl-express-black-vector-logo.png
You can send an AutoApps Command directly from Tasker with the AutoApps action, or from any other AutoApp like AutoNotification, AutoRemote, AutoWear, etc. More info here.
You can easily add a new tracking using the Add Tracking task that's included in the project. It'll just ask you the various inputs and create a tracking for you.
- Check that the package was added on your device: a toast should appear informing you of this. After 10 seconds of adding a package all your packages will be checked for updates
STEP 4 - REMOVING TRACKED PACKAGE
- When you're done tracking your package you can easily remove it by sending an AutoApps command with the following format: removepackage=:=tracking_number
- Check that the package was removed with the toast that appears on your phone
You can now track all your deliveries from Tasker!
- The project will check if there are any updates for your packages every 30 minutes. You can change this by changing the time interval in the Check Packages Each 30 Minutes profile's condition
- On Android 8 the notifications will have appropriate notification categories. You can change settings for these notifications in your Android settings:
- Package Tracking
- No Package Updates
- You can always use this link to easily edit your trackings
If you want to different stuff with the tracking results you can change the Check Package task.
- Add stuff in the If after Action 18 to do stuff when there are no updates
- Add stuff at the very end of the task to do something when there are new updates.
Let me know if anything's missing! Thanks in advance!
Track Delivery Packages (DHL, Fedex, etc..) 1.8
Learn how to easily track any number of packages from Tasker