I am using Tasker since a few years and from the first day I hated handling dozens of task/profiles/actions/... on a small screen.
To solve this problem I started the freetime project "Tasker Desktop Editor" a few weeks ago.
Before you get too excited:
It's a very early alpha version! But nevertheless I wanted to get a little bit feedback (proof of concept) before I invest more freetime in this project ;-)
The Tasker Desktop Editor (TDE) is small java tool that modifies the userbackup.xml file of Tasker.
- Create or modifiy Tasker profiles/tasks/actions/events/states.
- Modify ALL existing plugin actions/events/... (not create!)
- Supports creation of NEW plugin elements for: AutoVoice, AutoNotification, AutoWear, AutoShare, AutoInput, AutoRemote
- Wireless synchronization between phone and computer with a standalone android app!
- Right click a field to get a list of all global/local variables!
- Automaticly loads list of available apps/images from your phone.
- Drag and drop to sort your projects, profiles and tasks
- Scenes are not editable
- For existing plugin actions/etc not-optional fields can be saved without content.
Have a look at Readme.txt for in depth information ;-)
Or join the G+ community:
[ALPHA] Tasker Desktop Editor 0.1.9
A small java program to modify Tasker profiles/events/states on your computer
- android setup added, time and day events supported,... Jun 27, 2015
- better condition, profile and variable support Jun 17, 2015
- Tasker version 4.7, improved profile editing,... Jun 9, 2015