As per user requests, I have decided to create this little project to show you some examples of how to use the biometric sensor of your device (if available) to perform different actions.
These are the things you will learn...
• Finger Touch (any): Perform customized actions depending on which finger has touched the sensor. (*)
• Finger (down)  + (up): Calculate elapsed time between finger (down) and finger (up), so you can perform long press actions.
• Finger (down) : Double tap gestures (or more).
• Finger (down)  + Screen (unlock): React to specific unlock attempts (failed).
This project does not contain predefined actions that execute certain applications, nor does it carry out specific actions. What is included are generic actions as a demonstration, which can then be extrapolated (idea) to other projects.
- The project uses the 'Logcat Entry' action, added in Tasker v5.9.beta8.
- To use it just toggle according profile(s) from the list above.
- There are several ways to make the profile detect the decided filter: applying regex expressions, filtering by specific words/terms, or searching for matching elements from within the associated task by reading the %(lc_text) var.
- (*) The device needs to be locked (Lockscreen).
- IDs are unique for each device, and also components/services can vary from device to device. Therefore, I recommend you not to take these components/filters that I have used in the project as them are. If they work, perfect! But if not, you should look for the corresponding ones for your device. But at least you will have a base to start.
- This project was built based on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 device (Xiaomi.eu beta ROM).